I have been looking for some good dessert recipes to bake for my family, and I found this one for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars on Pinterest from The Girl Who Ate Everything. I just LOVE Pinterest!! Don’t you?!? There are so many great recipe ideas, with good feedback from others, that it really helps when you are searching for something yummy to make. Love it!
This recipe was so simple. It only took me about 15 minutes to prepare. I had most of the ingredients on hand, except for the pumpkin pie spice, cream cheese and pumpkin. So, I stopped at the store yesterday and grabbed those items so that I could make this last night. Really glad that I did. It is a really great pumpkin treat!!! So soft and yummy. Delicious!! 🙂
The only changes that I made to the original recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything was that I used olive oil instead of vegetable oil. Also, just be aware of the two different mixtures – filling and batter – when preparing this recipe.
Hope you will try them. I know I will be making them again! The smell of them baking was absolutely wonderful! Happy Fall, everyone! 🙂
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- For the filling: In a mixer, blend together softened cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- For the batter: In a separate medium-sized bowl, stir together the pumpkin, sugar, egg and oil until well combined.
- In separate container, stir together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the flour mixture into the batter mixture and blend together with a mixing spoon.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread to cover bottom of pan.
- Add dollops of the cream cheese filling mixture over the batter. Cut through the batter with a knife to make a marbled effect with the cream cheese mixture in an up and down pattern. Repeat going the other way. When marbling make sure you don’t go all the way to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 25 – 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool, cut into squares and eat! Store in the refrigerator.