I have been in the baking mood – especially for pumpkin recipes!! 🙂 Fall is here, and Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Earlier this week, I gathered ingredients to make The BEST Pumpkin Bread with Brown Butter Maple Icing recipe from The Domestic Rebel. I have changed the name because I didn’t actually make the icing for the bread. I chose to just top my slice (or two – or three!!) with some butter. It turned out so great!! It was very moist and delicious. I bet the icing would be good too, and I will try that next time. Click here for the original recipe from The Domestic Rebel.
Click here for the recipe for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars that I made earlier this month. They are yummy too! 🙂 It worked out so nicely that I needed 1 cup of pumpkin puree for this recipe, and I had that amount leftover from the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars recipe! Happy baking! Let me know what you think!! 🙂
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (the puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9″ loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Use mixer to beat softened butter. Then add in brown sugar, pumpkin puree and eggs. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to the batter and blend together.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for approx. 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out mostly clean. 6.Cool for about 15 minutes, then carefully remove it from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in refrigerator.