On Saturday (December 3, 2016), the sun was shining, and it was a beautiful 77 degrees F outside. I needed to finish up some Christmas projects, and I decided to turn on some Christmas music and create a new wreath to hang up for the holidays. I chose to repurpose a grapevine wreath that I already had.
It worked out perfectly, as I didn’t need to purchase too many things for my wreath. I used some pine cones that I found (free!) can i buy tinidazole over the counter Read my article here on debugging and drying pine cones here. I had picked up some garland from the Dollar Tree ($1.00 for that), an ornament I have had forever and some wired burlap ribbon that I purchased for $1.00 at a neighbor’s garage sale. Oh, and I had some twine on hand and used that too. I love when I can do something inexpensively! Makes me happy.
I had some help from my pretty Cassie. I left the room for a minute and came back to find her inside the wreath! She’s so great! I giggled for a minute and immediately grabbed my camera to snap some pictures of her. Now back to work.
After taking out the old greenery from my wreath, I used the twine around each pine cone, leaving a good amount extra to wrap around the back of the wreath.
I now had them the way I wanted them, and I proceeded to cut random lengths of the green garland. The pieces ranged from 3 inches to about 12 inches. It cut really easily, even though it was connected with a thin wire. Yay! I just tucked in the pieces of the garland where I wanted them to create my look. The grapevine wreath made this really easy to do. By adding the garland that way, it helped to hide the twine showing from where I attached the pine cones.
Next up, I used the twine to hang my sleigh ornament to the top portion of the wreath and then made a bow. Now, please don’t judge my bow. I am not sure how I concocted that thing! Hehehehe! It turned out OK. I am just not a bow maker. Even after watching tutorials, I found myself flinging the ribbon in the air with a little frustration. So, when I got this look above, I just stuck with it. It would probably have been easier with a different ribbon material. Oh well, I am pleased with it. 🙂
I could have embellished the wreath with more Christmasy (not even sure that is a word, but it sounds good) items, but I did just want to keep it simple. I will probably not keep it past this year, but reuse the grapevine wreath for other holidays! Otherwise, I may have considered using a hot glue gun for some of the project. But, as long as no one bumps into it (it’s at the end of the hallway), it will hold up fine for the holiday season.
Thanks for stopping by and reading. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone. Hope you enjoy your December with friends and family. 🙂
P.S. I used the cream colored ribbon instead of the light blue in the photo above. I thought it would look better. 🙂