This recipe for Mandarin Orange Cake is from a family member, and I always loved when she made it! 🙂 I had a chance to make this cake for my guys yesterday, and it is a really simple recipe. I think this is the first time I have ever made it, and I liked how it turned out. I had changed a couple of things from the original recipe. One thing that was changed was that the recipe called for corn oil, and I used olive oil. Plus, I didn’t have crushed pineapple, and I used pineapple chunks and cut it into as small of pieces as I could. I do think it would be better and easier with crushed pineapple. And, this recipe said to use yellow cake mix with pudding, and I couldn’t find that anymore. I am not sure if it is even being made like that now? It didn’t seem to matter though, as this cake came out so moist and YUMMY!! YAY!
With Easter right around the corner, I think this dessert would be great to make for your friends and family for the holiday. It reminds me of spring and summer. Let me know if you have a chance to make it. Enjoy!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 11 oz can mandarin oranges & juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 8 oz container of Cool Whip
- 1 3.4 oz package of JELL-O instant vanilla pudding
- 1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 X 13 pan.
- In mixer, add yellow cake mix, can of mandarin oranges and the juice, olive oil and 4 large eggs. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased cake pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Check with toothpick to see if it comes out clean and completely cool.
- After the cake has cooled, it is time to make the topping.
- Drain the juice from the can of crushed pineapple.
- In a bowl, add the crushed pineapple and use a spoon to blend in the vanilla pudding.
- After that is well blended, fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread on top of cake and chill.
- Cut and enjoy!!! 🙂