I love this recipe for Mandarin Orange Salad that a relative of mine made for us so many times. Simple, simple is this recipe, and it tastes so GOOD!! Plus, there are great memories of enjoying it with family and friends.
I have omitted the Cool Whip (1 small carton) from this recipe, but you can add it if you like. Just fold it in at the end of the instructions for this recipe. It tastes great either way. I like that it is less expensive to make without the Cool Whip. 🙂
P.S. I am kinda on a mandarin orange kick lately. Check out my recipe for Mandarin Orange Cake here.
- 1 small carton cottage cheese (I used small curd, but you pick what you like)
- 1 small package orange JELL-O
- 1 small can mandarin oranges
- 1 small can pineapple chunks
- Pour cottage cheese in a medium sized bowl.
- I add about 1/2 package of orange JELLO-O powder (do NOT dissolve JELLO-O with water as directed on package). You may want to add more for a stronger flavor. Mix well.
- Drain mandarin oranges and pineapple and add. Mix well.
- All done! It is that easy! Chill and enjoy. 🙂