I have made Taco Salad two times already this summer! I love this recipe, and everyone that has eaten it, thinks it is so good. It is a recipe that my family has been using for many years, and it is really easy to make. What I like about this recipe too, is that you can tweak it to your liking. It calls for shredded cheddar cheese, but I usually use a Mexican blend. If I don’t have kidney beans on hand, I have used pinto and black beans before, and it turned out great!
Let me know if you have a chance to make it! 🙂
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 1.25 oz. package (I use about half of the package.) taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I use a Mexican blend.)
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 16 oz. can kidney beans, drained
- 1 16 oz. bottle Kraft Catalina dressing (I use about half. Again, you may prefer more.)
- 2 - 3 cups crushed Doritos
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Place burger back in pan and add ½ package of taco seasoning mix (or more if you prefer) and about ½ - ¾ cup of water. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- After finished, set burger aside and let cool. I usually make the burger way ahead and refrigerate it until I am ready to assemble the salad right before serving it.
- In a large bowl, add burger, drained kidney beans, lettuce, tomato, cheese and chips. Mix together.
- Add the dressing and toss well.
- This salad does get really soggy if you have leftovers. I usually plan on eating all of it the same day! 🙂 Enjoy!